Followers

Saturday 2 July 2011

Round 2 - Short Write Up

I had fitted uprated whiteline flatout droplinks fitted all round, a whiteline flatout 24mm rear anti-roll bar and a whiteline flatout 22mm front anti roll bar fitted since my last sprint so I was hoping to be even more competitive than I was last time.

I was quickest all morning with my 5th run at 11:30am producing a time of 44.79s. What was odd though that the next 4 runs I did between 11:30am and 12:30pm were all in the low 45s. Now the track was drying out and I was learning the course more and more which usually produces faster times so I was a bit confused. 

However by the 12:30pm break I was still fastest and the only person to break the 45s barrier !!! - and not just in my modified 4WD class but in ALL classes including the Pro Class. This had Andy Forrest in (renound as the best Subaru Tuner in the Country!) - Google him ;-)

Having a look over the car during the break I found out why I wasn't improving. 2 of my tyres were over worn and one was down to the canvas. I put my road tyres on but I was 2.5 seconds slower so no point wrecking them as well so I was just a spectator in the afternoon.

The track dried up more, and people started to learn the track better and better as they got more familiar with it.... I ended up 6th. Which isn't the worst position but nevertheless frustraiting when I know I could have been contending for the win.

New tyres will be bought for the next one in August which is a double header on 20th and 21st. 

Bizzarely though, I am now joint 2nd in the championship with 2 others.

No comments:

Post a Comment